New Lenox, IL 60451 US
Tower Technician I in New Lenox, IL
MUST HAVE PRIOR TOWER CLIMBING EXPERIENCE
Candidates must be able to carefully and accurately follow safety and work instructions, organize and track their work via checklists and work procedures, and must be able and willing to climb tall structures with a load of up to 25 pounds while working at altitudes of 300+ feet.
• Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
• Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights. Impacted equipment will be mounted on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
• Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
• Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
• Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
• Accurately and timely document job costs, including labor hours and material.
• Read customer blueprints and execute scope of work per the customer’s specifications.
• Identify potential add-on sales to increase company revenue.
• Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand existing major cellular carrier networks / sites.
• Cellular Radio and Antenna Swaps, Legacy cable plant upgrades from Coaxial Cable to Fiber, Site Upgrades and Capacity Expansion.
• Conduct pre and post work site audits.
• Serve as a rescue climber if and when needed.
• Other duties as assigned