Press Break Operator
Roseville, IL 61417 US
Press Brake & Roll Operator
This position will be responsible for operating the press brake to form multiple types of metal, primarily sheet metal. They will also operate the sheet metal roller.
Duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret work orders and blueprints or instructions to form and roll parts.
- Monitor sheet metal as it’s being formed, inspecting pieces of sheet metal for imperfections and overall quality.
- Scan in and out of jobs in the ERP system to accurately record time to the project.
- Program and setup press brake equipment to set specifications.
- Utilize precise measuring tools to ensure products meet specifications
- Locate and mark bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
- Follow all safety requirements
- Transfer of parts via forklift to other departments
- Maintain press brake and the dies.
- Work within deadlines and complete tasks efficiently
- Maintaining a clean and safer work area
- 2 years previous Press Brake experience
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of metals and fabrication – stainless steel preferred
- Strong blueprint interpretation skills
- Basic computer experience
- Excellent math skills
- Must be able to accurately read tape measure and other measuring tools
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to adjust to change in schedules with little notice
- Must operate fork lift
- Operate various hand tools and equipment –including grinders, portable band saw, air tools, wrenches, etc.
- Must work effectively under supervision and independently follow work orders.
- Must listen and follow directions
- Time Management skills
- Analytical Thinking
Performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly work inside the shop setting with exposure to shop noise, dust particles, and field elements to be expected n this role. Occasionally you will work outside.
- Physically active role
- Use of hand and feet
- Standing for prolonged period of times up to 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Carry/Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling/Reaching Above Shoulder
- Operate Machinery
- Operate Forklift
No direct reports
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Press brake: 2 years (Preferred)