Adel, IA 50003 US
Needed: Millwright/Sheet Metal Mechanic/Duct Installer in Adel, IA
$20-$24 per hour
Duct Installers are HVAC experts who are responsible for installing duct work. As part of their job, these professionals are responsible for installing air conditioning and ventilation equipment, designing and installing ducts and duct fittings, doing paperwork, adhering to company procedures, and following safety procedures. Duct Installer focus on qualifications like the ability to read blueprints, knowledge of HVAC systems, attention to safety, and good practical skills.
- Provided installation and maintenance support for sheet metal ducts and utilized hand and power tools for same.
- Chose gauge and sheet metal and took field measurements for accurate duct work.
Commercial Sheet Metal/Duct Installer
- Installation and at times manufacturing of all forms of duct.
- Installation of VAV's, all forms of fire dampers.
- Familiar with machine installation.
- Able to read blueprint as well as interpret it to others and make changes if necessary.
Sheet Metal/Duct Installer
- Install all Air Ducts on Commercial jobs.
- Installed square high pressure duct work.
- Installed high pressure spiral piping.
A sheet metal/duct installer job involves installing variety of equipment including liberty systems, large chillers, and specialized package units and also including electrical components such as lighting, panel boxes, and building automation. A duct installer work involves section cutting to assemble commercial rigid air conditioning duct work / systems, reading and interpreting blueprints of large chillers, specialized package units and also understanding electrical components such as lighting, panel boxes and building automation. A duct installer forms sheet metal, hangs duct work, runs gas lines and installs units. A duct installer is responsible for safe installation of the HVAC units. A duct installers have basic understanding of central air conditioning systems, gas and oil heating, hedonic heating systems, forced air heating systems, heat pumps. A duct installers assist in the installation of reverse cycle ducted air conditioning systems taking and applying proper field measurements.
Requirements: As a Duct Mechanic you will be responsible for assembling, installing, and repairing all forms of ductwork used in schools, commercial and industrial buildings. Additional responsibilities: Studying building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations Locating and marking position of pipe and/or duct connections and passage holes for same in walls and floors and then cutting openings to accommodate pipe and/or duct fittings, using hand tools and power tools Working with power tools to cut and assemble ductwork.