Lexington, KY US
Needed: Journeyman Iron Worker in Louisville, KY
$25-$28 per hour
Currently seeking Iron Workers for job opportunities in the Louisville, KY area. The ideal candidate will possess 3 or more years of Journeyman level ironworking experience.
Must be able to Arc Weld Stick
Responsibilities of the Iron Worker:
- Reads specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of material required. Fabricates metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Unloads and positions prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Hoists steel beams, girders, or columns into place, using cranes or signaling hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, or levels.
- Cuts, bends, or welds steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Forces structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Pulls, pushes or pries structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Bolts aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Assemble hoisting equipment or riggings, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a safe workplace by following safety policies and procedures.
- May train or supervise others in job duties
- May perform a variety of duties including those of other positions
Requirements of the Iron Worker
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Successful completion of an Ironworker apprenticeship preferred
- 3 or more years of Journeyman level ironworking experience required
- Industrial machine licenses (such as a forklift license) preferred
- Must have experience with I Beams Operating aerial lifts Pre-Fab metal building erection Iron
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, or other industrial structures
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints
- Ability to comprehend and troubleshoot mechanical systems
- Must be able to pass a work physical must be able to pass a drug test