Industrial HVAC Technician
$30 per hour + $100 per day per diem (7 days)
HVAC MECHANIC/DUCT WORK INSTALLER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installs, maintains and repairs heating, ventilating, air conditioning and steam distribution equipment and systems.
• Operates a variety of equipment as needed to perform work.
• Installs, maintains and repairs computerized electronic pneumatic devices related to HVAC Control.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
• Load, transport and unload material, tools, equipment and supplies.
• Maintains tools and equipment.
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
HVAC MECHANIC/DUCT WORK INSTALLER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
• Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
• See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
• Work at heights without fear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
HVAC MECHANIC/DUCT WORK INSTALLER QUALIFICATIONS:
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.