Tidewater, VA 22572 US
Location: Tidewater, VA
ITS is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, ITS tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
People constitute Industrial Trade Services key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
• 4+ years’ experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor
• Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Must be able to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, all levels of personnel, and more
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
• Ability to manage all resources, to include vendors, subcontractors, time, and more, as well as, prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines and successfully deliver high-quality projects
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
Scope of Responsibility:
Oversees the operations of a construction site, from planning to completion. Responsible for the performance of all subcontractors ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors to adopt safety as a culture.
• Ability to acquire and maintain OSHA Safety Course Certification, Red Cross First Aid, and CPR Certification, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management (CQM certification
• Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and job site operations for job order contracts in accordance with the Superintendent’s Manual
• Work with Project Manager to review and provide input on the project scope of work and development
• Work with the Project Manager in outlining project timetable and evaluate and update schedules as needed to ensure that project activities progress according to plan
March 2020 Page 2
• Control all job site operations for compliance with contract requirements, noise and dust control, non-interruption of Owner activities, and utility shutdown procedures
• Organize daily safety inspections of jobsite and personnel to ensure all working conditions and work habits are following company, contract, and government standards
• Complete daily project reports, recording progress on the contract intranet website
• Review and adhere to construction schedules, ensuring milestones and completion dates are met
• Manage punch-list completion and project closeout
• Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with Project Safety Officer, Project Manager, Quality Control, sub-contractors, and more
• Ensure compliance with Centennial’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
• Responsible for notifying supervisor if an HSEQ infraction is observed
• Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions
• The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary
- The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel
- The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus